Mobile Medical Apps
UpToDate (personal login only)
About the Library
Databases & Locks
Request an Article
New Books (pdf)
NYM Authors (pdf)
We Have NEW E-Books!
Here are some of our favorite new and updated electronic books.
Contact the Library for user IDs and passwords.
Check out the full list of 190+ e-books here.
- The 5-Minute Clinical Consult, 24th ed.
- Clinical Emergency Medicine (2014)
- Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Geriatrics, 2nd ed.
- Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Pediatric Emergency Medicine(2015)
- Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Pediatrics, 22nd ed.
- Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Surgery, 14th ed.
- Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment, 54th ed.
- DeGowin's Diagnostic Examination, 10th ed.
- Essential Evidence Plus & AHFS DI Essentials (2015)
- Fishman’s Pulmonary Diseases and Disorders, 5th ed.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 19th ed.
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine, 4th ed.
- Principles of Critical Care, 4th ed.
- Rosen and Barkin’s 5-Minute Emergency Medicine Consult (2015)
- The Sanford Guide to Antimicrobial Therapy(2015)
- Schwartz’s Principles of Surgery, 10th ed.
- Symptom to Diagnosis: An Evidence-Based Guide, 3rd ed.
- Understanding Value-Based Healthcare (2014)
- Williams Obstetrics, 24th ed.
CHANGES TO UpToDate
Site access to UpToDate has been cancelled, effective October 1, 2014.
This year NYM was faced with a major price increase for UpToDate. The tremendous increase in cost is not sustainable to the Hospital, and therefore onsite access has been cancelled.
If you have a personal UpToDate account, log in here
As an alternative to UpToDate, use these library resources:
If you decide to use the Internet:
- Consider the source! Who wrote the information? When was it updated? Can you trust that the content is accurate and unbiased? Learn more here.
- Restrict your Google search to educational web sites. Type site:edu into the search box with your search terms.
- Use Google Scholar to restrict your search to journal articles or books.
Please contact the Health Sciences Library
for additional support. We will locate journal articles and textbooks to assist you.
Contact Arpita Bose
, Health Sciences Library director, with your questions and concerns.
Looking for medical research on your mobile device?
There's an app for that!
Check out our new page:
Mobile Medical Apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android
We have the BEST medical books!
Here are some of our favorites. Check out the full list
MKSAP 16 Part A
MedStudy Pediatrics Board-Style Q&A
Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine
Goldman's Cecil Medicine
Hurst's the Heart
Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children
Brunner & Suddarth's Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing
Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
The Diabetic Foot
Do you use medical apps on your iPad?
The Library wants to help you find the best medical apps for your iPad
or other mobile devices. Please take this quick survey and tell
us what you're using now and what's on your wish list.
Take the Survey
PS: Take a look at our Resident's Page
Spring into action with
NEW BOOKS at the Library!
Now E-Journals are just as easy to find as E-Books.
Now it's even easier to find the Health Sciences Library's collection
of 130+ e-books and 85 e-journals.
To find E-Books go to E-Books A to Z List.
To find the E-Journals go to E-Journals A to Z List
Things are heating up @ the Library.
New Books are smokin!
Always something new at the library.
New Books get any better?
A New Library--and New Books!
A New Year, A New Library--and a New Database!
The Health Sciences Library announces a new database: AccessMedicine
AccessMedicine is a valuable information tool for physicians, residents,
and medical students,Kathy and Arpita can answer your questions about AccessMedicine--Just ask us!
- 60+ online books, including Harrison's Online, Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment, Hurst's The Heart, and DeGowin's Diagnostic Examination.
- Excerpts from the Case Files series of case review books.
- Diagnosaurus: Differential diagnosis tool to link symptoms with diseases.
- Practice questions for USMLE Step 2 CK and Step 3 boards. Create a free personal account to track your scores.
- Video, audio, and images of medical procedures.
- Onsite and remote access. Visit the Health Sciences Library to get your user name and password.
Welcome the New Year
from your New Library
Wesley 2nd Floor
Link to Micromedex from the Library!
Use Micromedex to:
- Print package inserts for precription drugs,
OTC drugs, and complementary/alternative medications
- Compare drugs
- Identify a pill
- Find toxicology information
- Check multiple drug interactions
- Calculate dosage
- Check IV compatibility
You can access Micromedex from the blue navigation bar. Contact the Pharmacy at x5575 for
user name and password.
Check out our NEW books
We have updated all of our Board Review books and added more books!
What do the locks mean?
Green lock - No passwords required
Red lock - Passwords required Contact Us
No lock - Onsite access only
PubMed - New and Improved!
Looking for Limits?
You can now find them on the front page--every page--of PubMed!
More questions? Email the library or call us at x5197.
Congratulations to Dr. Lawrence Stam
on the publication of his new book,
100 Questions & Answers About
Kidney Dialysis,Jones & Bartlett, 2010.
A comprehensive resource for cardiologists, primary care providers, nurses and cardiovascular professionals. The first time you go to the homepage, register yourself as a new user. On the upper right corner of the screen, you will see NYMH Institutional Account Sign Up Now. Select and complete the registration form. You must login to your account each time you open Cardiosource to access all of the features including CME/CE credits.